Friday, January 1, 2016

Facebook, It's Not You...It's Me!!!


Michael: Oh Facebook, we knew this time would come. I had warned you early on that relationships like this don't last. Sure we had some good times, shared some memories, got involved in each others families and thought that this was it, a relationship that would last a millennium.
Facebook: 

Michael: I'm sorry to say this Facebook, and please just hear me out. I know this is going to be upsetting to you and I know how you can get when you are upset, but really, seriously, it's not you....It's me!
Facebook:


Michael: When we first met I was taken by your popularity, everyone wanted to be your friend, and boom, all I had to do was ask and there you were the head cheerleader wanting to hang out with me, and given my past history with relationships (see Manson Married, Me Single) I was hooked from the start.  How wonderful it was in the early years, the trips we took, the late night check-ins just to make sure I was OK, even the occasional message reminding that my mom's birthday was coming up made you special.
Facebook:

Michael: I used to look forward to coming home after a long day at work and turning you on. Yeah, you always said I knew just the right buttons to press. No matter what time of day or night you never rebuffed my wanting to spend some time with you. What more could I have ever asked for.

Your concern for the well being of my family and friends went beyond what I could have ever expected in a relationship like this. I was so taken by how great it was when I introduced you to them, it was like you knew them as well as I did.
Facebook:

Michael: But something seems to have changed, something I've noticed over the last few months. Believe me, I have tried hard to look the other way, put these odd feelings aside and just continue on with our relationship, but alas my dear Facebook the overwhelming feelings of disappointment have finally taken me over. I must do the unthinkable, Facebook we have to breakup.
Facebook:

Michael: Now there's no reason to get nasty, just hear me out. As you became increasingly popular over the last few years, there's been a change. The filters you once had that helped you distinguish between right and wrong have seemed to become blurred and like all of us, as we grow our thoughts and opinions change, and you have every right to change yours and express them however you choose. That is why Facebook it's not you, it's me.
Facebook: 

Michael: Our relationship has allowed me to see and hear things that I no longer am comfortable with. What used to be fun and amusing has now turned into sad and upsetting. Too many times of late have I had to push you aside because of the things you show me. 
Facebook:

Michael: And that's OK Facebook, you have a right to show and say whatever you choose. I know you've told me many times to just block or hide what I don't like seeing. I can't do that Facebook, it would be a lie and I won't do that to my Facebook friends. I became friends with them in life long before you came along because they were important to me. To block or hide what they say or show is not fair to them, I would never take that right away from them. So that is why we must go our separate ways. 
Facebook:

Michael: You have to understand Facebook. I honestly believe that I can keep in touch with all of those people who are important to me and maintain the relationships I had before you came into my life, and if I don't shame on me. Friendships should not and can not be defined by what you relay us, they need to be established with intelligent conversations and visits where you can look into each other in the eyes while discussing the ways of the world. Too many times what you have shown us can be misconstrued and friendships ruined without a word ever being spoken. I would like to say that I will miss the photos, videos, birthday wishes and snippets of life that my friends share with me. But my mission is to keep those things alive without your help. 

Facebook:

Michael: Thank you for understanding Facebook, I knew you would. Hey, but we can still be friends, right?
Facebook: 




Michael:





Note: For those family and friends who would like to comment on this please do so at the bottom of the blog in the comment section. I am going to try and keep the blog going and through google. If you would like to know when it is updated just let me know at michael.grattini@gmail.com, If not and I'm a man of my word, you'll probably hear from me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment